The divorce litigation process can be emotional and incredibly contentious. However, you do not have hash out the terms of your divorce decree in a courtroom if you are looking for a more amicable path toward dissolving your marriage. Divorce mediation allows couples to negotiate their divorce settlement in an environment that encourages problem-solving and honest communication with the assistance of a neutral, third-party mediator. Continue reading to learn more about the divorce mediation process.
The Advantages of Choosing Divorce Mediation
Divorce mediation can provide a variety of benefits for both parties, but you must both be open to compromise.
Here are some of the benefits of divorce mediation:
- It costs less: Divorce litigation is a lengthy process that can result in greater expenses, including court fees and attorney fees. You can reduce these costs by choosing divorce mediation.
- It takes less time: Divorce mediation allows you to choose your own schedule, which is why it requires less time. On the other hand, if you choose litigation, you will be at the mercy of the court’s schedule, which can create some delays in the process.
- You can maintain privacy: If you have concerns about maintaining privacy, divorce mediation will ensure the details of your divorce stay between you, your spouse, and your mediator.
- You are more likely to be happy with the results: If the outcome of your divorce is left up to a judge, there is a good chance neither party will be pleased with the results. Since you and your spouse will have a say in the outcome during the mediation process, this option will ensure you are happier with your settlement.
- It is better for your children: If you have children, you will need to preserve your co-parenting relationship. Divorce mediation can help provide the groundwork for you and your spouse to learn how to work together even after your marriage dissolves.
Ending a marriage can be difficult, but if you choose divorce mediation, the process can go a lot more smoothly.
Reach Out to Our Family Law Team to Learn More About Divorce Mediation Today!
If you would like to end your marriage in a less hostile and contentious manner, divorce mediation may be right for you. At the Law Firm of Johnson & Gaskill PLLC, our family law team has the experience and knowledge necessary to guide you through the divorce mediation process, so you can reach a resolution that protects your best interests.
Call our law office today at (832) 210-1698 to set up a consultation with a member of our team.