Attorney Edward W. Gaskill is a Richmond-based family law attorney with over two and a half decades of experience. He practices exclusively in Fort Bend County and focuses on the areas of CPS defense, child support disputes, divorce, and custody. Before diving into family law in 2002, Attorney Gaskill focused his practice on business and probate cases.
Since becoming a family lawyer, Mr. Gaskill has worked primarily in CPS defense, representing parents and children in CPS cases involving allegations of abuse and neglect, and has served as amicus involving the best interest of children. Attorney Gaskill also has been a family law mediator since the early 2000s. He has represented parties in child support disputes and areas of the law involving minor settlements.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Gaskill worked in the oil and gas industry with his wife. He was born in upstate New York and lived in various areas of the country including Scottsdale, Arizona; Dallas, Texas; and Norman Oklahoma. He has been a Texas resident since 1984 and has been licensed to practice in Texas since 1992.
- B.S. in Business from Oklahoma City University, 1983
- M.B.A. from Oklahoma City University, 1983
- J.D. from South Texas College of Law, Dec. 1991
- State Bar of Texas
- Family Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Child Protection Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Fort Bend County Bar Associate and family section
- Founding member of Voices for Children Child Advocates of Fort Bend