Helping Families Since 1992

Richmond, TX Modification Attorneys

Assisting with Custody & Support Modifications in Fort Bend County

After finalizing your divorce or custody order, you might feel a wave of relief. With these orders in place, you can move forward to the next chapter of your life. Unfortunately, life has a way of throwing us unexpected curveballs. When life changes, your divorce or custody order might have to change with it.

If your current order no longer meets your needs or reflects the circumstances of your situation, you may seek a modification. Having a knowledgeable family lawyer by your side during this process can make all the difference. At the Law Firm of Johnson & Gaskill PLLC, our Richmond, TX modification attorneys represent clients petitioning for changes to custody and support orders. We look forward to hearing your story and helping you build a compelling case to present to the court.

Contact us at (832) 210-1698 to get started with a free consultation.

How to Obtain a Modification

To make any change to a support or custody order, you will have to prove that a substantial or material change in your life necessitates the modification.

A modification might be approved in situations where:

  • One parent needs to relocate for work, a family emergency, or other situation
  • One spouse loses their job
  • One spouse is demoted or receives a substantial pay raise
  • A minor child’s needs change, such as for medical or education reasons

Child support, spousal support, and custody or visitation orders can all be modified if approved by a judge. Keep in mind that property division orders generally cannot be changed.

Judges exercise broad discretion when deciding a modification case and it can be difficult to obtain approval. It is in your best interest to retain a knowledgeable and experienced modification attorney in Richmond, TX if you are seeking a change to any type of family law order. At the Law Firm of Johnson & Gaskill PLLC, you will find the advocacy you are seeking.

How Can I Further Enforce a Court Order?

In addition to helping you modify an existing order, we can also help you seek an enforcement action if someone is violating the terms of your family court order.

We handle enforcements involving:

  • An ex-spouse failing to pay alimony
  • A parent failing to pay child support
  • A parent violating the terms of a custody arrangement

To learn more about what the Law Firm of Johnson & Gaskill PLLC can do for you, call us at (832) 210-1698.

Small Town Attorneys, Big City Results

Why Choose Johnson & Gaskill?

  • Accessible

    For your convenience, our office is open Monday - Saturday. We also offer phone or video conferences and online document signing.

  • Determination

    Our priority is your family. We are determined to fight for your goals.

  • Preparation

    To ensure optimal results, every case is unique and personalized.

  • Integrity

    Our firm was founded on the principles of honesty and integrity.

  • Experience

    Our team has over 5 decades of collective experience between two dedicated attorneys.

Delivering Family-Focused Solutions

  • “Kathy Johnson helped me navigate through a contentious custody modification.”

    - Former Client