Attorney Kathy Johnson has over 27 years of experience as a family law attorney. Since 2000, she has exclusively practiced in Fort Bend and the surrounding areas. Attorney Johnson has represented parents and children in CPS cases involving allegations of abuse and neglect, and has served as an amicus attorney on hundreds of cases involving the best interest of children. Attorney Johnson has been licensed to practice law in Texas since 1992 and in Oklahoma since 1993. She also has been a family law mediator since 2000, assisting families in resolving their divorce, custody, and other family law issues.
Attorney Johnson is strong-willed and tenacious, refusing to give up or back down. She is thorough in her efforts to prepare and present every case and is a strong leader and advocate for her clients. Her easy-going personality allows her to connect with clients from all walks of life and make folks feel comfortable and secure.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Johnson worked in the oil and gas field as a landman, eventually owning and operating an oil and gas company in the 80s. She was born and raised in a small town north of Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 1983, Texas became her permanent home.
Contact the firm to learn more about how its attorneys can help with your situation.
- B.B.A. in Petroleum Land Management from the University of Oklahoma, 1980
- J.D. from South Texas College of Law, Dec. 1991
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Fort Bend County Bar Association (FBCBA) and FBCBA Family Law Section
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Founding Member of Voices for Children, Child Advocates of Fort Bend